Roast cauliflower is one of the simplest dishes to prepare and is incredibly versatile in terms of flavourings options. In this recipe I've seasoned the cauliflower with a Moroccan seasoning blend which pairs nicely with lemon tahini sauce, but you could really use any seasoning blend that you have on hand. The particular blend that I use includes the following mixed spices: caraway seed, chili pepper, cumin, oregano, rosemary, garlic, turmeric, sea salt. You'll find the instructions of how to make the lemon tahini sauce below the roast cauliflower recipe.
Roast Cauliflower Ingredients
1 head of cauliflower
Heat safe oil (like dodorized oleic sunflower oil or avocado oil)
Moroccan seasoning blend
Fresh cracked pepper and Himalayan salt
Fresh Parsley to garnish
(use organic ingredients)
Roast Cauliflower How-To
1. Wash and cut cauliflower in to florets. Place onto a baking sheet, lined with unbleached parchment paper.
2. Drizzle with heat safe oil. I prefer to use deodorized oleic sunflower oil or avocado oil which are both excellent for cooking at high temperatures.
3. Add Moroccan seasoning blend, or any other seasoning blend that you have on hand, to taste.
4. Season with fresh cracked pepper and Himalayan salt to taste.
5. Bake at 400F for about 35 minutes, or until fork tender, stirring frequently. Serve with tahini sauce, recipe follows.
Lemon Tahini Sauce How-To
In a small mixing bowl combine about 2 tablespoons of raw tahini paste with 3 to 4 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Stir in filtered water/ spring water until you reach the desired consistency.